Over 2200 participants will come to Leiden for The International Conference of Asia Scholars (ICAS) this 15-19 July! As the programme lasts for five days, you might have to book a hotel in Holland. Hotels in the Leiden area are near ICAS locations and offer a better price-quality ratio than Amsterdam hotels. Here is a list of brand hotels in Leiden available during ICAS 11. Additionally, there is a short explanation on how to reach the ICAS locations.
Hotels in Leiden Centre
- Fletcher Wellness-Hotel Leiden (available during ICAS!)
- Tulip Inn Leiden Centre (only available in weekends before and after ICAS)
- Golden Tulip Leiden Centre ( only available in weekends before and after ICAS)
- Ibis Leiden Centre
- Best Western City Hotel Leiden
Starting at the train station it is very easy to get to the ICAS locations. You can walk to Lipsius Building (Faculty of Humanities) in just 15 minutes, Kamerlingh Onnes Building (Faculty of Law) in 20 minutes.
Budget Hotels ***
- Bastion Leiden-Oegstgeest (available during ICAS!)
- Bastion Leiden-Voorschoten (available during ICAS!)
These hotels are a little further away from Leiden’s city centre, but are affordable three star hotel options. You would need a bus to get to the city centre, which will take 25-40 minutes from Oegstgeest and 15-25 minutes from Leiden-Voorschoten.
Luxury Hotels ****
- Golden Tulip Leiden Centre (only available in weekends before and after ICAS)
- Van der Valk Hotel De Gouden Leeuw Voorschoten (available during ICAS!)
- Holiday Inn Leiden (fully booked)
- Hilton Garden Inn (limited rooms available)
Unwind after a long day of ICAS with extra services and facilities! Golden Tulip is conveniently located near Leiden’s train station, Hilton Garden Inn is located in the Bio Science Park and Van der Valk De Gouden Leeuw in the suburb town of Voorschoten. Both are 20 minutes away from the city centre. Holiday Inn is located near the highway to Leiden and will cost you 30 minutes to get to ICAS.
In case you haven’t booked a hotel room yet you can book one with us! We have hotels in Leiden available during ICAS, but also after the conference in case you would like to stay a while and enjoy Holland.
If you have some spare time you can book one of our day or evening tours, for instance to Amsterdam or Giethoorn. Check all of our tours and activities and follow our Facebook and Instagram accounts for updates!